1Password browser extension not as good as using the password selector option?

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

This is probably an iOS thing rather than a 1Password thing but I find using the "new" way of logging in using the 1P browser extension to be more cumbersome and slower than the previous "old" way of selecting the password from the bar at the bottom of Safari.

For starters the browser extension more often than not tells me i'm not logged in and I then have to go and open the Safari menu, go to 1Password extension, faceID login and then go back and try again. In this situation instead of doing that I simply just click the password already showing at the bottom of Safari, it authenticates with FaceID and fills in the login boxes all with one click. This was how we logged in previously with 1Password before the extension was added.

Due this i've now developed a habit of just using the old login method and ignoring the new method of using the browser extension.

I'm not sure if anything can be done on the 1Password side of things but it would be useful if the browser extension could stay logged in or it simply automatically authenticates with FaceID when you try and use it instead of having to go and open the extension, logging in and then coming back to the login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @reck! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password for Safari. How long do you have 1Password for Safari set to stay unlocked before it prompts you to unlock it again? You can find the setting here:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Safari Extension.

You can set 1Password for Safari to stay unlocked until up to a week of inactivity has passed. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn’t aware of that setting. Just checked and it was set to 1 day which explains why I was having this experience every day. Thanks.

I’ve just changed it to a week so I’ll see how I get on now.

I take it logging into the main app doesn’t reset the Safari extension? I’d still need to log in to the extension weekly regardless of how much I use the main app?

• Ben
    Options

@reck that is correct; they lock and unlock independently of each other, as things stand.

Ben

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for confirming Ben.

• On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome @reck!

This discussion has been closed.