1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @atabahmemo! If the inline menu from our extension pops up in a place where it should not (such as via a field that you'd not fill), please let us know about it so we can report the issue to our developers.

That said, if the inline menu shows up correctly but interferes with your normal workflow, it can be dismissed with the following actions:

• Press ESC on your keyboard.
    • Click on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field.
    • Click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off.

If you'd like to take things a step further and disable the inline menu from automatically appearing (on all sites), this can be done by going into the extension's settings page. Here are the steps for that:

1. Right-click the extension's icon on the top right corner of the browser and select Settings.
    2. Go to Autofill and turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option there.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• atabahmemo
    atabahmemo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello
    thanks for the tips
    the menu overlaps fields of all the forms, this is particularly disturbing when they are fields that provide select options depending on whats entered, see screenshot - the 1 password window prevents me from seeing or selecting options

happens all the time

on firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit)

• Hey @atabahmemo:

Thanks for your feedback on this! We've recently made some improvements to the way the locked state is indicated:

Does this improve your state of play at all? Let me know, and I'd be happy to dig into it further with you!

Jack

• atabahmemo
    atabahmemo
    Community Member
    Options

I was pretty happy with deactivating autofill - have reactivated now and certainly looks better
    will keep you updated if any issues

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atabahmemo Sounds good. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• enheismork
    enheismork
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that clicking ESC or clicking the icon often disables the websites predictive-fill which is the very thing you're trying to use. It's being obstructed by "No Items to Show." which is completely unhelpful. "I have nothing helpful so I am going to prevent others from helping you".

If you need an example just check Availability on T-Mobile 5G Home Internet.

• Hey @enheismork,

I agree, we do have an open feature request to give users the option to disable this message if there are no matches. I have added your voice to this along with your feedback.

In the meantime, Instead of hitting ESC you can dismiss it by clicking the 1Password icon in the field.

Let us know if you have any questions.

ref: IDEA-I-714

This discussion has been closed.