Detect new usernames and passwords setting not working for Fastmail?

Options
soob
soob
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Hello,

I've started using Fastmail and have my login details saved w/1Password (of course). The problem I'm seeing is 1Password prompts me to save my login details every time I login, but nothing is new. I don't want to add Fastmail to the exceptions list, I'd like to keep the prompt to update my login details when I change my password.

The site and 1Password item URLs are the same. I get the same behavior on Safari, Brave, and Firefox (all the latest versions).

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2, 4.7.5.90 (Brave/Firefox)
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1.

Comments

• Hi @soob:

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with the 1Password extension and Fastmail here. Just to confirm what could be going on here, if you let 1Password save this as a new item, do you notice any differences between the two items, your existing one, and your newly created one? Let me know, and I can dig into this further!

Jack

• soob
    soob
    Community Member
    Options

Ah ha! Great suggestion, the usernames are different. The original saved login had only the username portion of my email in the "username" field and it looks like Fastmail is expanding that to my full email when 1Password pastes it in. I didn't ever wait long enough to notice, you know, cmd-opt-\ and a return happens pretty quick.

Anyway, it's all good now, I'll be less averse to saving a new login for comparison next time. Thanks.

• @soob

On behalf of Jack, I'm happy to hear that you were able to figure out why you were being prompted to save a new login. 😊

This discussion has been closed.