Safari shows logins from two vaults, but I want it to show only my own credentials

Options
iCoco
iCoco
Community Member

I am using Safari on Macbook, newest software everywhere. In 1Password I administrate two vaults: my own and my wife's (which is shared with her, or me, respectively). That said, I sometimes find that the 1Password login popup will show me both credentials, my own and my wife's - see attached screenshots. Sometimes it is hard to tell which is which. So how do I tell 1Password to only offer me my own login credentials on Safari login pages, not my wife's? How can I achieve this?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: maxOS Monterey 12.2.1

Comments

• @iCoco

Open 1Password > Preferences > Vaults - (Show in All Vaults) and deselect the vault that your wife uses. That should do the trick.

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    Options

@ ag_tommy Thank you so much, that's working. However, as kind of an unwanted side effect, it's also obviously excluding my wife's vault from the "All vaults" view within 1Password.

It would be great if 1Password had a more specific setting to only show my own credentials on any login page in Safari, but exclude my wife credentials from showing up.

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    Options

@ ag_tommy Thank you so much, that's working.

However, as kind of an unwanted side effect, it's also obviously excluding my wife's vault from the "All vaults" view within 1Password. It would be great if 1Password had a more specific setting to only show my own credentials on any login page in Safari, but exclude my wife credentials from showing up.

• Hi @iCoco:

Glad to hear Tommy's advice sorted it out for you. 1Password 8 decouples what's shown in the browser from the All Vaults setting in 1Password, as well as allows you to create multiple collections to better organize your vaults. Stay tuned for the stable release of 1Password 8, and let us know if that meets your needs! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.