What happens if 1Password server becomes un reachable?

Options
carloalbrile
carloalbrile
Community Member

I am an MYKI user. MYKI decided to close and I have to find an alternative. This situation has been announced and there is some limited time to export all inf.
I am thinking of 1Password.
What if service was closed from one day to the next?
Not so much for MYKI but for 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @carloalbrile:

Great question, and I'm sorry to hear your password manager of choice is shutting down, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to get all of your information migrated to a new service.

While I have every confidence that this isn't something we're going to run into anytime in the near future, if 1Password the company was to shut down overnight, the information stored in the 1Password apps would be unaffected and the 1Password apps would continue to work. With that said however, it would be inadvisable to continue to use the software if 1Password the company was gone. Obviously updates would stop, and as such any security issues or changes to operating systems or browsers would no longer be resolved. Long before that point you'd want to have exported your data and moved to another solution.

Let me know if you have any questions about this, or run into any trouble with migrating your data into 1Password!

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @carloalbrile !

MYKI decided to close and I have to find an alternative.

I'm sorry to hear that. Just read the announcement on the website... Hopefully you will get all of your data exported and migrated to your new password manager of choice... Maybe this could be 1Password? We are here to help if you have any questions! 👍

This discussion has been closed.