1Password Standalone

Options
Ocelot
Ocelot
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Hello,

I'm using 1password for many years in the standalone released.
I've just made a clean reinstal of my MacOS and I need to download 1password standalone that I bought earlier but I can't find it.
Where is the standalone download page please ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave

Comments

• Hello @Ocelot! 👋

Which version of 1Password for Mac do you have a license for? You can download any version of the app from our website:

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• Ocelot
    Ocelot
    Community Member
    Options

My version was 7.9.2
    Thanks for the link !

Is a bad 'fake news' or is it true that the standalone version is no longer delivered ?

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

@Ocelot

If you have a license for 1Password 7 then you can continue using that version for as long as it works on macOS (and I expect that it will work for quite some time since we're still actively updating the app).

Moving forward, we're no longer selling new licenses and we're focusing on 1Password memberships. Our founder wrote a post here explaining in detail why memberships are the future of 1Password. We're currently offering generous discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership. 😊

• Ocelot
    Ocelot
    Community Member
    Options

I bought a lot of version of 1password since I started to use it.
    I make a lot of people adopt it explaining how it was useful
    But… I think when it will not be possible to stay on standalone I will quit.
    Is it possible to export all my 1password entries to import them in another password manager application ?

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

@Ocelot

Thank you for your advocacy of 1Password! We really appreciate that you stuck with us for so many years and we hope that you stick around for the exciting things to come in the future. 😊

To clarify: You can download 1Password 7 using the link that I posted above and continue to use it with your standalone license. Nothing has changed in that regard. If you'd like to upgrade to 1Password 8 in the future then that will indeed require a 1Password membership. Are there any specific concerns that you have regarding a 1Password membership?

Is it possible to export all my 1password entries to import them in another password manager application ?

You can always take your data out of 1Password whenever you wish since we firmly believe that your data is yours and that you have the right to choose what to do with it. You can find our export guide here: How to export data from 1Password

• Ocelot
    Ocelot
    Community Member
    Options

I can't use 1password anymore : it asked me for a subscription…
    When I launch 1password there is no more place to signified my license…
    Impossible to get It back in Safari…

Really, since you decided to Destry the standalone solution, 1password is becoming more and more annoying !

How can I find a way to enter my license to get my 1password back ??

I'm very angry to see how you transformed one of my favorite apps to an application so difficult to use because you are making everything to oblige customers for many years to yearly subscribe…

• @Ocelot

If you have a license for 1Password 7 (not a previous version) then you're entitled to use 1Password 7 for Mac even without a membership. Is it possible that you installed 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store and not from our website? If you did then you'll need to switch to the website version since the Mac App Store version only works with 1Password memberships. Here's a guide that will help: How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the App Store on your Mac

If you're already using the website version then, to help me better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.