How to setup VIP Access for 2FA on a new phone

Options
dwomble
dwomble
Community Member

I had VIP Access configured on my previous iphone and still have that phone. When I got a new phone, I was able to successfully move the ipassword account to the new phone and used the old phone to provide the necessary 2FA authorization.

I need to add the VIP Access to the new phone so that I can decommission the old phone. Any direction on how to do that?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.3.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dwomble

If you no longer have access to the old phone / app you were using, this guide may help. If you still have access to the old phone and the TOTP app you were using on it, you can log in at https://start.1password.com/, click your name in the upper right corner, click My Profile, and then in the left-hand sidebar you can select More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• dwomble
    dwomble
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much.

I got there, do I tell it to replace the Authenticator app?

• @dwomble

You'll need to disable two-factor authentication for your 1Password account and then enable it again. 1Password.com will then ask you to setup your new authenticator app on your new phone:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
    3. Click More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication.
    4. Click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication, then enter your account password.

Then follow these steps to re-enable two-factor authentication and setup the new authenticator app: Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

Let me know if that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.