Request new record type: Certificate

dgivone
dgivone
Community Member

I think it would be useful to a "Certificate" record type. There are times when you get a paper certificate from the government that is useful to keep in 1Password. I know I could use other records, but none of them really are as good as a generic "Certificate" type. Some examples are Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate, etc.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @dgivone !

I just stored the birth certificates from my family members as documents. Although I don't know if it really helps when it comes to that point that I need them. In Germany, you need to have such certificates as originals... 😕

• PeterG_1P
    edited March 2022

Hey @dgivone, this is an interesting idea - thanks for offering it!

I'd agree with @DenalB that a Document item would be one good way to approach this currently.

There's also the Identity item type: you could fill out relevant details (any serial numbers and so on from the certificate) here, and then use the add more > attach option to attach a scan of the relevant certificate.

Does this prove useful for your purposes? If you think we could do better with a Certificate item type, or that a new item type would solve something these existing items can't currently do, I'll be happy to file a feature request on your behalf. Thanks again for the thoughtful feedback!

• dgivone
    dgivone
    Community Member

Yeah, I use the Document item type now to work around the issue. I think it would be nicer to have a specific "Certificate" type still so it has its own icon and category. If possible please file a feature request. Thanks.

• @dgivone : consider it filed! 😃

ref: IDEA-I-497

This discussion has been closed.