Custom icons sync to Android - 4 years and counting

Options
peepay
peepay
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Android

Hello,

I am a long-time subscriber of the 1Password.com service and use 1PasswordX browser extension on desktop and 1Password app on Android.

For as long as I can remember, the 1Password app did not support syncing the custom icons that I upload to my individual login entries on desktop.

The discussion on this forum can be tracked back to 2018 and already back then you stated that it was planned, without an exact ETA.

Now it's almost 4 years later and the feature is nowhere to be found. What gives? Four years should be more than enough to implement this... (and the discussion I linked says "i see this function has been requested as early as a few years ago", so it is allegedly even much longer than the 4 years, although there was no link to the original request.)

The never-ending wait leaves a bitter taste and I am sadly starting to lose patience, thus I have no other options left but to call you out on this. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

I have saved a ton of logins for obscure / little-known / internal sites with custom icons and for years I can't tell them apart visually on my phone, which is a major blow to the user-friendliness of the app that I pay for.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12

Comments

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, anyone here??

• Hello @peepay thanks for your question. I wanted to start off by apologizing for our delay in response.

We tend to keep our development pretty close to the chest. Timelines and prioritization can change which, understandably, can lead to disappointment. That being said, I can see we have indicated that adding custom rich icons to 1Password for Android has been underway for some time. I've reached out to the development team for their input so we can get more information on this subject. Thanks again!

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_timothy
    Please keep me posted.

• peri
    Options

Hi @peepay. We're sorry you've been waiting so long for custom icons in 1Password for Android. While it is not something we have been able to develop as of yet, we do intend to support them in the near future. As Timothy mentioned, we're not able to share our development road maps publicly, but your wait is almost over. :D

Let us know if you need anything else!

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Hopefully the wait is really almost over, as you say :)

• peri
    Options

You're super welcome!

This discussion has been closed.