How to change order of Masked Email accounts in drop-down list?

Options
zbuggroup
zbuggroup
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Is this possible? I have 2 fastmail accounts linked to 1Pass 8.6, but i generally want to use the 2nd account with the masked email function. I don't see a way to update this in settings. I see the same behavior in both Safari & Edge.

1Password Version: 8.6
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 11.6.4

Comments

• Hey @zbuggroup:

Great question!

While you can save multiple Fastmail accounts (or indeed multiple of any service) in 1Password, creating a Masked Email requires specifically connecting your 1Password account to a single Fastmail account: Use 1Password to create and manage Masked Emails in Fastmail

After they've been connected, the "Create Masked Email" option will be available in an email field on a website:

It sounds like in your specific case, connecting your second Fastmail account would be your best bet. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• zbuggroup
    zbuggroup
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack - see attached screenshot. I have 2 masked email accounts - when I choose to create masked emails, i want the second account in the dropdown to be the default (currently the first email in the dropdown is default, so I have to switch accounts most of the time).

• Hey @zbuggroup:

Thanks for following up on this, and I'm sorry for the delay here. I've been doing some digging internally, and there currently isn't a way to define a default Masked Email account. With that said though, I can definitely see how it would be handy, so I've filed a feature request internally for this! While I can't promise if or when you'll see something like this implemented, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password. 😀

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-611

This discussion has been closed.