Website login page doesn't play well with 1Password

Options
billj
billj
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

https://www.shoplocale.com/dashboard

Seems like a normal login page, but...

After filling in the fields, I can't save the info as a new login (using the 1Password gear "button")

It doesn't display 1Password "inline" save tools

It doesn't allow 1Password to fill in the information that's already in a 1Password item (and the item includes the URL in a Website field)

After logging in, adding items to cart, and clicking Check Out, the checkout web page DOES display 1Password inline tools

Same behavior in the latest Safari and Chrome.

1Password Version: 7.9.2 (70902005)
Extension Version: Chrome 2.3.0, Safari 7.9.2
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @billj:

From what I can tell, the page you linked uses a Shadow DOM. Essentially, it is like a page within a page. When 1Password attempts to scan the page to see if a field is fillable, the fields inside a Shadow DOM are hidden. As a result, we can't effectively detect the field to autofill. I'll report this to our development team, hopefully we can improve the experience for you here.

In the meantime, after you've created your Login item on the page where it does work, drag and drop would be your best bet when you need to sign into this site in the future. Thanks for reaching out about this, and please get in touch if you need anything in the future! 😀

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#2900

This discussion has been closed.