Storage limit with my Family?

Options
oUNderge
oUNderge
Community Member

What is my storage limit with my Family subscription? I started attaching documents.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 6.75
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:Family storage limit

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022
    Options

@oUNderge

Save important files in 1Password

1Password includes 1 GB of storage for individual accounts.

Shared plans include:
    1Password Families 1 GB per person
    1Password Teams 1 GB per person
    1Password Business 5 GB per person*

Welcome to the family. Please let us know if you have other questions. We would be happy to help.

• oUNderge
    oUNderge
    Community Member
    Options

How can you view your storage status?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022
    Options

@oUNderge

To be honest, I'm not sure. I can't recall anyone asking. My colleagues on the membership team may have a better idea. Would you be up for sending them an email? Please use support@1password.com for that correspondence.

• oUNderge
    oUNderge
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I plan on following-up on that.

• maincoffee
    maincoffee
    Community Member
    Options

Now I have the same question, would've been great if the info where included here...

• oUNderge
    oUNderge
    Community Member
    Options

I wrote support...the person responding says that Agilebits has had the request to add view storage status before and are actively looking at providing such a feature.

• Hey @maincoffee:

Thanks for following up! As @oUNderge noted, there currently isn't any way for you to view how much storage you've used on your end, but if you email us, we're happy to let you know. 😀 Additionally, I've added your feedback to the internal request we have on surfacing it directly to you, rather than requiring an email with us to view it.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-303

• maincoffee
    maincoffee
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for following up and responding. We wait and see. Right now I'm very happy with a huge improvement in 1Password for Windows 8.6.0, very impressive.

BTW, is there a visual development trail somewhere to see what's being implemented in the near to short distant future (and hence what isn't planned)?

• Hey @maincoffee:

You're very welcome! Generally speaking, we tend to keep things pretty close to the chest until we're ready to release them, but what I can share with you is a vision of the future: A vision of the future with 1Password

Let me know what you think! 😀

Jack

• maincoffee
    maincoffee
    Community Member
    Options

It's very business oriented which I don't have any interest in, really. But I'm always reminded of the infosec words to live by for my generation: The more information one store in one location, the higher the risk. 1Password will have to make sure noone gets access without permission; that's probably as easy as proving the existence of a deity.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

@maincoffee

The more information one store in one location, the higher the risk.

Not necessarily. Consider you distribute your information over 3 locations. Consider each location has a security leak risk of 1% per year.
    So the risk for you to be victim to some security leak is this:

combined leak risk = leak in location 1 OR leak in location 2 OR leak in location 3

Mathematically, this is computed like this:

combined risk = risk 1 + risk 2 + risk 3 = 1% + 1% + 1% = 3%

So if you store all your data at 1 location, the risk of a security leak is 1%. If you distribute your data over 3 locations that has 1% risk each, the combined risk of a security leak is 3%. 3 times higher.
    Of course, only the data stored in that location is victim of an actual leak this way, but it's still some precious data and not none at all.

This discussion has been closed.