How do I stop this from popping up?

Options
Luca78
Luca78
Community Member

It appears every time I put a password, with multiple windows one behind the other, even if I am using Keychain or just putting my password without using any software. It is very annoying, please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Luca78! 👋

Thank you for including a screenshot. The window that you're seeing is generated if you install the 1Password 7 app on your Mac without either a license for 1Password 7 or without an active 1Password subscription. Can you tell me if you have a license or an account? And if you have a 1Password account then can you make sure that it isn't frozen:

If your 1Password account is frozen

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• Luca78
    Luca78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    First, thanks for replying. Now, I think I had bought the stand alone license for 6 (am not 100% sure about but almost) and also bought it on IOS. Among using 1Password7, I think it auto installed or through an update. This actually happened when I bought a new Mac. Anyway, love both of versions. I read you don't sell the same license anymore, and while I don't want to pay for a subscription, I only want not to uninstall 1Password completely. Can I keep it and only open it when I need to check whatever I've stored there? That pop up comes out even if the program is closed and when I use Keychain on any website. Hopefully there is a good solution for both of us.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @Luca78

I'd encourage you to get in touch with our migration team via email at support+tradein@1password.com. They'd be in the best position to assist with these types of questions.

Ben

• Luca78
    Luca78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    thank you for your reply, I'll definitely get in touch with the support. Stay awesome, I hope in the future you will offer again a standalone license, I want to support your awesome app and team, just not through a subscription :-)

• Ben
    Options

@Luca78

I appreciate the sentiment. Membership would be the way forward with 1Password. One of our founders, Dave, wrote in depth about why we're no longer doing licenses, here. Our migration folks will be able to better explain the options though.

Ben

• Luca78
    Luca78
    Community Member
    Options

Very disappointed from the "support" that you pointed me at. After 4 or 5 mail back and forth, where I was only advised to buy a subscription, no solution for my problem. Have the strong impression this all an act, disappointed is very reductive to express how I feel

This discussion has been closed.