Show auto-saved web details still showing irrespective of advanced setting

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member

So i was ignorant surrounding the purpose of the auto-saved web details when i first began using 1password. My assumption was that it was bloat or there for personal reference and i couldnt understand why the setting was shoehorned under advanced. As such, I enabled it immediately just in case. 99/100 times when I'd save a login and the template would pop up with the auto-save details, i'd just delete them wanting to keep everything clear and concise.

100's of entries later (now all absent said details) I finally came to understand that theyre under advanced because theyre not meant to be seen. its meant to be an internal reference to aid 1password in filling out forms on the respective web page(s). Whoops. I dont imagine theres a way to "fix" all the ones i've inadvertently broken so I did the next best thing. I disabled the setting so they'd begin to save under the hood again.

Well, it appears (at least in 1password 8) even with the advanced > show setting disabled, they still appear both when saving, and in the entry. I'm posting here not only for clarification/a fix if its my issue, but i assume it might potentially be a bug on 1passwords side. Here's some screenshots to illustrate.

Setting unchecked

Saving the login

Saved login

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @klepp0906:

Great question! Auto-saved web details are actually a separate section from the "Saved on website" section, as shown in this example:

Let me know if that clears it up!

Jack

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

ah! good to know. that changes things/certainly is helpful. so is the "saved on" section necessary to keep or am i okay removing that when presented with items it auto-saves in that fashion?

on-the-fly feature request for a checkbox to not auto save that sort of stuff too would be great :) i always find it parsing like... my birthday, or my timezone etc. completely irrelevant unsightly stuff as best i can tell lol.

• Hey @klepp0906:

You're very welcome. The "Saved on" section contains items that you may want to save for later, but aren't necessary for filling. Speaking personally, unless a site has more than a handful of fields saved by 1Password in the browser, I tend to keep them around, since they're not really taking up space, only adding potential clutter. The auto-saved web details section applies to filling, and that generally should be left alone.

As for a feature request, I've shared your thoughts about a checkbox to turn off the "Saved on" suggestions when creating a new item using 1Password in the browser. 😀

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-648

This discussion has been closed.