cannot change password within website

Options

On a particular website, iPassword autofills login and existing password, but it does not prompt or provide new password when attempting to change password. I can change the password within the extension app but then of course the autofill provides the wrong password for getting into the website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tldavies:

If you open the 1Password pop-up in your browser (click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar), you can access the password generator by clicking the key icon. This will let you create a new password and allow you to autofill it, or copy it into the new password fields on the website. Additionally, if you'd like to share where you're running into issues with changing your password, let me know and I can do some investigation to see if we can improve the experience here in the future.

Jack

• tldavies
    tldavies
    Community Member
    Options

Jack, thank you for responding. The suggestion you provide seems awkward. The videos I have watched show the same 1Passward icon that is displayed in the login field for autofill at login, also displayed in the current passward field of the change passward screen allowing autofill of the current passward and then in the new passward field to generate a new passward. Are these instructions in the video incorrect? (I hope I am clear in my description)

• Hey @tldavies:

Generally speaking those instructions are correct, but if there's a site where 1Password in the browser isn't identifying fields properly, that's definitely something we'd like to know the specifics of so we can get it sorted out in the future. Let me know the specific site, and I can investigate further! If you'd rather not share the URL to the site in public, you can also include it in an email to support+x@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127920/cannot-change-password-within-website#latest.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.