Syncing between Iphone and Imac

Options
cherrypay
cherrypay
Community Member

Hello,

When I add a new password on my Iphone it's added un my primary vault.

When I search on imac it's not there? How Can I fix this?

When I add a new password on Imac it's working fine. It's added to my private vault.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS Montery

Comments

• Hi @cherrypay:

It sounds like you may have a standalone vault in 1Password for iPhone, but don't have it on 1Password for Mac. Does that sound accurate? Let me know!

Jack

• cherrypay
    cherrypay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,

On Iphone it’s named primary with Icloud sync. How van I sync this with my Imac?

• Hey @cherrypay:

It sounds like you might have items in both your 1Password account, and an iCloud standalone vault. To ensure you can migrate everything to your 1Password account and that we don't miss anything along the way, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• cherrypay
    cherrypay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Jack,

Thank you very much, but too complex for me. I have manually checked the iPhone's primary vault and moved them to a shared vault.

After that I have removed duplicated, the iPhone app is not intuitive at all, I selected only the shared vault and when I check the item before removing it jumps back to all selected vaults? So each time I must unselect the other vaults.

This could be better. Can you check on your end? It's very annoying.

When we can color code the icons from vaults, it's way easier to remove things. Not possible, right?

• Hey @cherrypay:

Glad to hear you were able to locate your Primary vault items and move them into your 1Password account.

We (as in 1Password support staff), have no visibility into the vaults on your device or what specific items are contained in what vaults. About the 1Password security model

I can definitely see how we could make this process easier though, so I'll bring it up internally, thanks for your feedback on this!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.