To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Responding to the conflict in Ukraine

Options
Ben
Ben
edited March 2022 in Memberships

The conflict in Ukraine has forced companies across the world to look at their business in Russia to ensure compliance with governmental sanctions in the region. We have halted account billing and renewal for customers in Russia and Belarus, and 1Password was removed from app stores as part of this change. To reduce the impact on existing customers, we have decided that having the 1Password apps in the app stores is the correct course of action. The apps are now available through those distribution channels again.

This is a very trying time, and our hearts go out to all those affected. We don’t have all the answers and things are changing quickly, but we do have answers to anticipated questions which are detailed below.

What happens when my billing period ends?

1Password is designed in such a way that your data remains available to you even without an internet connection or active paid account. When your current billing period ends, ​​1Password will enter a read-only state, meaning that you can access all existing passwords on your device and use them as you have done previously. In this read-only state, you won’t be able to update any items, add new items, or synchronize your items across different devices.

Can I export my data out of 1Password?

The data held in ​​1Password belongs to you, and you are able to export to CSV – a common format that can be imported into multiple other apps and services. For further guidelines on exporting your data, please refer to this guide on our support site.

This is an evolving situation and we will be closely monitoring changes in sanctions and how they apply to our customers. We will post updates to this thread as we have them. If you have further questions, please email support@1password.com and we’ll be happy to help you.

This discussion has been closed.