Surface problems

Asso2nd
Asso2nd
Community Member

Greetings,

I have some issue with 1password on my surface. I use 1password on dfferent computers and woks well, but on my surface somethings goes wrong. Let me (try to) explain.

If I let 1password start on startup, 1password prevent other application to start (for example: skype, teams, acronis doesn't start). So, I disabled it on startup and all goes well but.... when I lauch it, my taskbar disappear (then comes back) and 1password start without support for the touchscreen. I can use it with mouse or pad, but I can't interact with 1password with touchscreen.

Remove it and reinstall it was unsuccessful...

What can I try?

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Karael
    Karael
    Community Member

I am also having this issue after a recent update. The left-hand nav in the app still responds to touch commands but the actual content area (e.g. where passwords are shown) is completely unresponsive. As you can imagine, this completely cripples the usage of the app.

If I plugin in a mouse everything works as expected again, so it does seem to be something specific to touch inputs.

• Asso2nd
    Asso2nd
    Community Member

Yep, I also have this issue after a recent update

• Hey @Asso2nd and @Karael, thanks for reaching out to us. Our team has been able to reproduce this issue internally and are currently investigating a solution. In the meantime, a mouse or touchpad would be the suggested workaround. Keep an eye out for updates as we work on this!

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#13577

• nonjo
    nonjo
    Community Member

I have this same issue; I just received my surface back after a warranty replacement and installed both windows 11 and 1password 8. This wasn't an issue before.

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022

Hey @nonjo, we're currently aware of this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. In the meantime, a mouse continues to work on touch based systems if you have one available to you.

We'll be sure to give you an update as soon as this has been sorted out. Thanks!

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#13577

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022

Hey @Asso2nd, @Karael, and @nonjo, I just wanted to follow up on this issue. A fix has been implemented in the latest Beta release of 1Password 8. If you're currently on the Beta channel, let me know if you run into any further issues with touch input. Otherwise, if you'd like to switch to the Beta release, you can follow these steps. The fixes will eventually make their way to the Production release so you're welcome to wait for that as well 🙂

Ali

• Asso2nd
    Asso2nd
    Community Member

Thank you so much. Beta solve all of my problems

• Excellent news, @Asso2nd. Thank you for letting us know! 🥳

This discussion has been closed.