1PW-7 sync and local storage

Options
tcoates
tcoates
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Am LONG time 1PW fan and totally dependent, then it stopped working with the last Chrome update last week and i upped to v7-family and am going CRAZY. What a mess! and your docs are clear as MUD. Got 1PW7 loaded and finally moved my 6.9 database. BUT, neither vault showed up online, and were not seen by Chrome ext. The new empty Family/Private vault shows on the APP and online. and the two old vaults are in the app on the Mac.

I moved everything from the primary vault to the existing Private vault on the APP .. and now i can see everything in the Chrome extension. So a little progress. But the Chrome ext does not see or search the other old uploaded vault. only the "Private" Also does not see "shared" which now contains one entry on the APP but nothing on the web. Not synced yet, i presume.

So, Questions:
1. How do i force sync. from the APP? this was instantaneous via DBOX with 6.9. to another device.
2. i presume sync should be instant. 1PW7 captured a login to this forum supposedly, and it still has not shown in 1PW7 Any ideas?
3. The database must be stored locally now ... But where? I presume 1PW7 will work if i donot have internet connections.
4. how do i move items from Private to Shared? i moved one on the App and it is not on the web, so i presume would not be on other devices.

I will stop there .. have a lot more questions .. and concerns ..

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

tom

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3
OS Version: 12.2.1. Macbook pro M1

Comments

• Hello @tcoates! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble while migrating to a 1Password account. I see that you've also sent us an email and one of my colleagues will reply to your email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

ref: ZWZ-15712-527

This discussion has been closed.