Cannot use local vault with Chrome extension?

Options

I was happily using 1Password 6 with Chrome using my local vault until it broke with the recent Chrome release.

So onto finally trying out version 7....

I don't care for having my vault hosted on 1password, I'd rather manage it myself locally.

But it seems the Chrome extension does not access local vaults anymore?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ragingcrypt !

That's right. 1Password in the browser is not able to use local vaults!
    You have to use the classic extension, which you could find here:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

• ragingcrypt
    ragingcrypt
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB the problem now is the classic extension no longer works in Chrome.

I was prepared to pay for v7 but not if I can't use local vaults like in v6.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I know what you mean and understand the problem... 1Password 7 and the classic extension are supporting local vaults. 1Password 8 and the new 1Password in the browser extension don't support them. And you have to use the new extension because of Google Chrome...

Looks like 1Password forces all users into the membership and away from local vaults now. The best solution would be to fix the classic extension for all users who want to use local vaults with 1Password 7. 😕

• zarniwoop
    zarniwoop
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the latest 1Password7 update has fixed the classic extension (for now...)

• Hey @ragingcrypt:

As mentioned by @DenalB and @zarniwoop (thanks for the assist, from both of you 😎), the current version of 1Password 7 for Mac (7.9.3) still supports the Classic extension, and the code signing certificate changes introduced a recent update to Chrome.

Jack

• Ben
    Options

I was prepared to pay for v7 but not if I can't use local vaults like in v6.

Some additional context:

What is the future of local/standalone vaults?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.