Dark mode not showing its window borders in accent color

Options
pmeinl
pmeinl
Community Member

1Password 8 in dark mode does not honor the Windows border color setting as configured via "Settings", Color, Show accent color..., Title bars". This makes dark mode cumbersome to use. My other app windows show a small border in accent color when active, which makes it much easier to see them separate from other windows when displayed on top of other dark windows.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 21H2

Comments

• pmeinl
    pmeinl
    Community Member
    Options

To visualize the problem here a screenshot showing an active Firefox Window with a thin blue border on top of 1PWD and File Explorer:

• Hi @pmeinl, thank you for the request, and the visual example. I have filed this with our developers for consideration. We appreciate learning where you see room for improvement!

ref: IDEA-I-590

• pmeinl
    pmeinl
    Community Member
    Options

This problem still has not been fixed in version 8.7.0 (80700098 production channel).

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @pmeinl, it's true that we haven't changed anything about this in recent updates. But should we have any news to offer on it, we'll make sure to post it in the release notes for the appropriate version at releases.1password.com.

Thanks for letting us know this change is something you'd like to see. 👍

• dysona
    dysona
    Community Member
    Options

The defective behavior is the same in light mode. It's not specific to dark mode.

• Hi @dysona - thanks for the follow up here. I've included these details for team in the request previously submitted by Peter. We appreciate the feedback. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-590

This discussion has been closed.