1Password Support is bad

organleroy
organleroy
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Lounge

I'm a longtime user of 1Password, having bought licenses for 1Password versions 4, 5, and 6. When Chrome's latest update finally broke the classic 1Password extension's ability to autofill in Chrome, I decided to upgrade and move to the membership model.

1Password v.7 organizes vaults differently and has a number of changes to how users can choose to sync data. I asked questions about these changes in a post on the 1Password Support Community site (https://1password.community/discussion/128111/questions-after-upgrading-to-1password-7-from-1password-5). That post got no response.

So I copied & pasted that post into an email to support @1password.com. That got a response from Ethan, who answered some of my questions but not others.

I immediately responded to Ethan's email and asked for clarification on the questions he didn't answer. No response from Ethan.

I followed up with another email asking why he hadn't responded. Silence.

1Password Support doesn't offer a live chat function, and the Support staff clearly doesn't respond quickly to emails. Support staff members also don't make a personal commitment to resolve issues by sticking with them; each email response seems to come from a different staffer, so there's no way of having a continuing conversation to solve a problem or get questions answered.

This is very poor customer support for a company using a subscription model. I'm strongly tempted to go back to using 1Password v.6 and just give up on autofill. Trying to get questions answered by 1Password Support is just too frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @organleroy:

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had recently. I've just responded to your linked post, and I hope that has helped clear up some of your questions regarding the changes in 1Password 7 and 1Password accounts.

As you can imagine with this change introduced in Chrome and 1Password 6 for Mac, we're a bit busier than we usually are. We make every effort to respond to all messages within 24 hours, but that can depend on workload.

Jack

ref: ADG-15575-487

• EMBecker1
    EMBecker1
    Community Member

1Password support truly sucks. I have been a longtime user and have recommended 1Password to many clients. I recently purchased a family account. I have tried to get email support and it takes them DAYS to respond to my request or question. Seriously? By the time I get the email, of course, I have moved on and forgotten where I was in the truly excruciating process of migrating my data from a personal account to an online account. It's enough o make me want to switch to LastPass, which I am considering if they don't get back to me sooner. Help now!!!

This discussion has been closed.