1Password buttons unresponsive in Safari

Options
generator
generator
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My girlfriend is always complaining that 1password is not working in Safari. The little popup underneath the input shows up, but the button in it is unresponsive and the button next to the address bar does nothing either. Usually restarting the plugin or 1Password itself resolves the issue. But after a few days the issue arrises again.

I've tried reinstalling 1password and 1Password (while wiping all preferences using AppCleaner), but the problem always re-arises. I myself have never experienced these issues on my own apple devices.

She has a 13" Macbook Pro (Early 2015) with the latest version of MacOS and safari installed.

She's obviously not happy with 1Password right now, what else can we do to remedy this problem?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 7.9.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Hello @generator,

I am sorry for the trouble. Usually, when 1Password does not connect with Safari, we can try these quick steps and it should put things back on track most of the time.

Right-click on the 1Password mini icon at the far right corner of the menu bar > select “Quit 1Password Completely” > Quit all browsers > Restart your computer > Try 1Password again.

If that doesn't work for your wife, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from her Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.