Bug report: Apple Watch unlock (UI issue)

Options
shazron
shazron
Community Member

Version

version 80700012, on BETA channel.

Description

I use my Apple Watch to unlock my M1 Macbook Air, and launching 1Password, I see the Apple Watch icon to unlock. I press the icon, and the app hangs with a spinner.

Repro Steps

1. Launch 1Password, there is an Apple Watch unlock option:

2. Press the Apple Watch icon, and a loading spinner shows, and nothing else (it hangs):

The Preferences -> Security -> Unlock -> Apple Watch setting for Apple Watch is unchecked:

Workaround the UI Issue

I had to kill the app and login using my password, then check the Preferences -> Security -> Unlock -> Apple Watch setting so I can log in using my Apple Watch.

Expected

The Apple Watch icon on the login screen is not shown if the Preferences -> Security -> Unlock -> Apple Watch setting is unchecked.

Actual

The Apple Watch icon on the login screen is shown if the Preferences -> Security -> Unlock -> Apple Watch setting is unchecked.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• rob
    Options

Thanks for this report, @shazron! I don't have an Apple Watch myself to test this, so I've passed on your report in full to the rest of the team. Apologies for the delayed response. We should be able to get this fixed up.

ref: dev/core/core#14130

• I am closing this discussion as it related to betas from several months ago. Please feel free to start a new discussion.

This discussion has been closed.