Tried updating to 7.9.3 and it failed now I get "The application "1Password 7" can't be opened.

Options
RRF985
RRF985
Community Member

1Password tried an update to 7.9.3 today. However, at the end of the process it failed to install. I tried opening 1Password 7 but now I get the error "The application "1Password 7" can't be opened."

Late-2019 Macbook Pro 16" running Monterey 12.2.1

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• @RRF985

Let's replace the app.

• Your data is maintained outside of the app and will be completely safe. * Please be mindful to follow the steps below, especially the part about NOT using an app cleaner. They have been known to remove user's data, and we DO NOT want that to happen.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
      2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
      • The helper may not be shown if there is an issue with the app. If so, proceed forward with step 3
      1. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
      2. Restart the Mac.
      3. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
      4. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
      5. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • RRF985
    RRF985
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for the help. This solved my issue.

• Hey @RRF985:

On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome! Please get in touch if there's anything you need in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.