Feature request : bookmark and address suggestion

Options

It would be nice to have 1password for browser provide suggestions while typing an address in the address bar. The suggestion would be based on the urls stored in 1password, like bookmarks do.

As in effect 1password in the browser stores the websites for which we have a particular interest (like news, forums, ...) and come to often.
This way no need to sync bookmarks across all browsers/devices, just use the already installed 1password app.

The feature could be used only when 1password is unlocked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @excession .

Although 1Password wasn't designed to be a bookmarks manager, I understand the benefits of the feature residing in 1Password, and I see other customers are expecting it as well. We have an existing feature request regarding the function, and I added your voice to it for our development team to explore more possibilities. Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback to help us improve 1Password.

Meanwhile, you can save all the bookmarked website URLs as Login Items in 1Password, and you can leave the username and password blank. Those saved items are essentially bookmarks. I'd suggest using tags - these are almost like folders for organization, but they have the benefit that one item can fall under multiple tags, rather than being forced into one folder. Additionally, you can nest tags, like you would folders.

https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/

We don't offer a strict "bookmark" option. In a way, Login items are bookmarks since they're presumably sites you visit and want to have your logins recorded for, and you can launch websites directly from them, much like one would a bookmark. Then, you can create a distinct vault and name it "Bookmarks", then store all the bookmark-related items to it for better organization.

Let us know if you have further questions about this or anything else as you're evaluating 1Password. We're happy to help with anything that may come up. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.