op run hides output of aria2?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

I'm trying to convert an existing script ipsw-dl that uses aria2 to download iOS firmware images (.ipsw files).

Unfortunately op run ipsw-dl hides the output of aria2.

This is quite annoying since these files are large and downloading them takes quite some time; the progress output is really useful.

How can I make aria2 output work in combination with op run?

1Password Version: 2.0.0
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.3

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Discovered the undocumented op parameter --no-masking in another question.

This does seem to solve my issue.

Can you please properly document this?

(both in op itself and in the 1Password Developer Documentation)?

I do hope this parameters is not temporary...

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, works for the Remote tab in Nova, but not for a remote Terminal...

• Hey @XIII, thanks for reaching out to us!

Please, do let us know how we could make this option more visible. :D Currently, both in the help-text and the developer docs, there is a (admittedly short) paragraph about masking:

MASKING
    If secrets accidentally get printed by the subprocess to stdout or stderr, they'll
    automatically be concealed. You can turn off masking using the '--no-masking' flag.

How do you think we could make this more visible? Would some usage examples work, to this end?

Now, about your use-case: I myself am not really familiar with Nova, can you please clarify the difference between a remote tab and a remote terminal? Also, in the latter, which is the actual behaviour, and which would be the expected one?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
    Horia

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Might be my mistake; I ran op --help instead of op run --help...

• Hi @XIII,

Just wanted to follow up with you on your usage of the SSH Agent in Nova's Remote Terminal. I tried it out myself and was able to connect through a Remote Terminal tab using 1Password. Were you able to get it working?

Best,
    Jody

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes; there's a bug in Nova (that I reported to Panic): I have to hardcode the SSH port in Nova (instead of my ~/.ssh/config file).

• Glad this got sorted out, @XIII ! Is there anything that we should follow up on, here?

Best,
    Horia

This discussion has been closed.