Migration from local vault to online

Options
jimgarrison
jimgarrison
Community Member
edited March 2022 in iOS

I had a standalone vault synced via Dropbox with my iPhone, plus two online accounts. All 3 were displayed and accessible on 1P7.

I manually merged the standalone vault into my personal 1Password account online vault, and then deleted the standalone vault.

When I deleted the standalone vault on the iPhone, it prompted me for the standalone vault's password, and then the password to a third account I have as part of an organization.

When I login on the Windows desktop app it wants my personal account password. However, on the phone it requires the password to my organization account. How do I designate my personal account as the one to be used for login on iOS?

In other words, how do I designate one of my accounts as the Primary account on iOS? I can not find any way to reorder the accounts, and I can't even sign out of the logged in account.

1Password Version: 8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4

Comments

• jimgarrison
    jimgarrison
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone with the same issue, I solved this by deleting and reinstalling the app. Then logged in to my personal account FIRST and the organization account second. The iOS app makes the first account you login to the primary, with no way to switch primary accounts after the fact.

That's a deficiency that should be corrected.

• Hi @jimgarrison

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the 1Password for iOS app.

As a side note, what you've described is expected behaviour but we're hoping to improve upon this in the future.

Thank so much for your feedback. If you have any questions, please let me know. 😊

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.