Keep on top setting causes JavaScript Error in Main Process

Options

After performing Open Item in New Window once, changing the Advanced -> Keep item detail windows on top setting throws this error:

That happens even after the detail window is closed, and persists until 1Password is completely restarted.

1Password Version: 80700025
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• BallistiX09
    BallistiX09
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on the latest nightly 1Password Windows desktop build, and I've been running into an issue where any time the Windows colour scheme switches between light and dark, the 1Password desktop app shows an error message. Closing the error shows another identical one immediately afterwards, and then closing that one seems to be fine.

The 1Password app itself does actually still switch colour themes to match the Windows one, so that doesn't seem to be broken at least, but the error is shown 100% of the time whenever that switch takes place.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700027)
    Extension Version: 2.3.0
    OS Version: Windows 11 (22581.100)

• ag_maryam
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @BallistiX09 , thank you so much for bringing this bug to our attention! I was able to reproduce it and we will work on getting it fixed. Hopefully it will be fixed up in an upcoming release.
    In the meantime, you can use this work around to avoid error message:

• Quit completely from your app
    • Run the app and have your app window open and visible
    • Try to change the Color scheme

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)

ref: dev/core/core#13898

• Hello @BallistiX09 , I have a good news for you! this issue is fixed, please try the the Nightly build tomorrow and let us know if it's working they way you expect.
    Thanks for helping us making the app better. :)

• BallistiX09
    BallistiX09
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

@ag_maryam Oh wow, that was fast! Awesome, I'll try it out then and I'll let you know, thanks!

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    Options
  • BallistiX09
    BallistiX09
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_maryam That's definitely sorted it for me, thanks!

@volts Maybe worth trying that latest nightly build, I'd guess it's probably fixed your issue as well

• MikeT
    Options

This should also be fixed in today's 1Password 8.7.0-27 beta update available now, so it is not required to switch to the nighty update channel.

This discussion has been closed.