v8 vs v7

rr4242
rr4242
Community Member

Family subscription, Windows 10:
I have 1password version 7.9.828 on the desktop app installed. Beta channel not checked.
When I click menu -> 1password -> update - it says my app is up to date.

When I read your recent newsletter (last week), you write about new features in version 8, and also mention it released in november.

How come then I'm not updating to to this version then? Feels very clumsy if I need to uninstall and install new version.

Yes, I could stay more up to date, and maybe you've wrote in newsletter before (which I didn't read), but I rely on 1password to stay automatically updated. For me this should include any new versions I can use with my subscription.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @rr4242:

Great question! The short version is that we are waiting to update 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 to ensure that small sub-sets of users don't run into problems. For most people, updating to 1Password 8 is totally fine but we do have to be careful when it comes to certain use cases, like customers who work in corporate environments with sophisticated security systems and mass deployment of software. We're still building out some of the necessary support for that, so the installation of 1Password 8 is a manual process for now.

Let me know how you like 1Password 8 after installing it!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.