[Windows] Could 1Password supplant Pageant in future?

Options
barneydesmond
barneydesmond
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

My apologies if there's a thread for this already, but I couldn't find one after skimming all three pages of topics.

I am very fixed in my workflow and really don't want to run more software than I need to. I was keen when I heard that 1Password would be offering an SSH agent, but dismayed when I installed it and saw that it doesn't provide a pageant-alike agent - I guess it's based on OpenSSH code, and fair enough that makes sense.

Someone in another topic mentioned using winssh-pageant to bridge the two sides together, but I don't really want to add another piece of code in the path to make use of it. I only use Putty and Filezilla on my Windows machine, so I'd get zero benefit from having an openssh-agent available on the machine.

It's entirely understandable if this isn't a supportable use-case, I just thought for sure that replicating pageant's functionality would be a given.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 11 Home x64 (21H2 build 22000.556)

Comments

• On Windows, using OpenSSH is currently a requirement indeed, but we're working on adding Pageant support too. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.