DPI scaling breaks when moving the 1password window

Options
martinsteel
martinsteel
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Windows

Moving the 1password window between monitors with different DPI scaling messes up the display. All moves being done by dragging the titlebar area.

Going from a 100% to a 200% monitor shrinks the Window to 25% of the original size - essentially same number of pixels but should've scaled.
Going the opposite way ends up with a huge window - scaling is especially messed up if that takes it off the edge of that screen leaving the overlap on the 200% monitor.

Depending upon which monitor the window was last resized the text size may also be messed up.

1. Resize on 200% monitor
  2. Move to 100% monitor
  3. Text is double sized

or

1. Resize on 100% monitor
  2. Move to 200% monitor
  3. Text is absolutely tiny

The text size issue can be worked around by resizing the application window after moving it. Although it won't always resize from all four edges - top and left generally seem to work ok.

Diagnostic report on ticket #ZET-88743-921 is off one of the computers exhibiting this problem.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2
Referrer: forum-search:dpi

Comments

• martinsteel
    martinsteel
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

No change with 8.6.1

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @martinsteel, thank you for surfacing this for us. I have passed on your admirably detailed description to our development team, so they can follow up on it further. Thanks for noting the relevant diagnostics, too - I've included that in the report as well. 👍

I'll make sure to drop in here with any further news on this. In the meantime, thanks for letting us know that you encountered it, and we'll do our best to reproduce the issue and determine a solution from here!

ref: dev/core/core#14195

• martinsteel
    martinsteel
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P I wouldn't like to confirm this as fixed but first impressions with 8.7.0 beta suggest it might be🤞I'll let you know if I continue to have any problems.

• Thank you @martinsteel! We'll be interested in anything further you notice.

This discussion has been closed.