Name on Credit Card

Options

When filling out credit card information, some web sites (American Airlines) required separate first name and lastname entries.
Other web sites (Delta Airlines) just have a "Name on the Card" field . 1Password seems to store the name on the card.
How can I get 1Password to autofill credit card information correctly on sites using separate first name and last name entries for credit cards?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.3 (70903003) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:Name on Credit Card

Comments

• Hi @dfgwrox ,

When you save the "cardholder name" in the correct format, as shown below:

It should autofill the separate first and last name fields. I used a testing credit card item autofill on the American Airlines website:

• Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having the same issue for months now. Something changed with one of the 1pw updates that no longer fills in First/Last on cc forms (it's across all forms I have tested). Address and cc# work fine but first and last names never fill. Name is set up properly and tried removing card and readding as well. Currently running Beta to see if there was a fix.

1Password 7 Version 7.9.4.BETA-0 (70904000)
    Chrome plugin version 2.3.2

• Hey @Steamboater. I'm sorry to hear that you are running into a similar issue.

Are you using the inline menu suggestion of the credit card to autofill? Or are you using the "Autofill" button from the credit card item?

Can you create a new credit card item and test it again?

You can also try it on our testing website: Test Autofill. Here's a demo autofill with the credit card item:

• Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kevin.li thanks for responding. To clarify this happens on any type of name and address form, whether a cc is involved or not. It definitely happens when using the suggestion autofill, when clicking on a name field it doesn't suggest the name but when clicking on an address field, it suggests the address but usually doesn't then fill in the name as well so it has to be typed manually. Usually cc fields work as intended but also sometimes don't fill the name depending on how the form is set up.

• Hi @Steamboater.

Currently, the 1Password in the browser will not offer suggestions of identity items or CC items like it used to do. And 1Password won't autofill names and phone numbers or show inline menus in those fields.

Therefore, the behaviour you were experiencing and describing is expected, and I apologize for the confusion there.

Instead, 1Password will only show emails or addresses that are saved in the Identity items in those regarding fields. The reason behind the change is that many users are finding the 1Password inline menu appears to be too intrusive, especially within the form fields.

In the meantime, you can still use the Autofill button in the identity item or CC item to fill the name and phone number fields. If you look closely in the GIF I shared with you above:

• When I click the inline menu suggestion, the name and phone number fields won't be autofilled. This is expected.:

• When I use the "Autofill" button from the identity item or the CC item, the name and phone number fields will be autofilled. This is the workaround I would recommend to you.

However, I understand it is not ideal, and the extra mouse action adds up during times. I apologize if the change of behaviour didn't go as you'd prefer.

• Steamboater
    Steamboater
    Community Member
    Options

Ok not sure who is saying its too intrusive, that is part of the benefit. I am pretty sure the Autofill laos has similar issues but will test for a while again and report back.

Slightly off topic, but speaking of extra button clicks it would be great to remove the extra "approval" popup when we click autofill on a page and then have to click accept after already telling 1pw to autofill. I understand the need for security checks but seems redundant to manually click and then have to manually click to approve the fill. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steamboater We do have a feature request for that confirmation dialog, and I can certainly add your comment here to it. Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.