1Password for Safari extension - shorter time for authorisation? Or every time? Is this possible?

JatzCracker
JatzCracker
Community Member

1Password for Safari extension - the minimum time for reauthorisation seems to be 15 minutes.

This makes me a bit nervous as it leaves all passwords and logins exposed for 15 minutes after use (as defined) unless I manually lock it every time.

For example, if I have logged in to 1Password and then let another family member use my iPad device temporarily, I don’t want them to have access to all my logins. I realise that I CAN lock it manually, but wonder if there is a way to reduce the re-authorisation time to be much shorter, or have the option to request biometric log in every time? This final option would probably be my preference for banking, etc.

If I have missed a setting please help if you can.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JatzCracker,

Currently, the minimum amount of time is 15 mins for 'Require Authorization After' and there isn't a way to reduce the authorization time to be shorter. My suggestion (and as you've mentioned) would be to manually lock the extension once you're done using it.

Alternatively, if you turn off biometrics in the 1Password for iOS app (Settings > Security), every time you quit Safari you'll be prompted for your password when you attempt to use the extension next. The downside to this option being that you can no longer use biometrics to unlock the app and/or extension.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.