iPad always requests additional permissions to use FaceID to unlock 1Password

Options
gibsoncrg
gibsoncrg
Community Member

Another 1P veteran here, since the earliest standalone days! I’ve managed to get my family AND my company to use 1P, so first: thanks for this product. It’s been a kick to see it evolve. I’ve really been happy to see the additional integration with iOS Safari and Face ID. On my iPad, I run into something and I wanted to see if this was working as designed, or something isn’t right. Each and every time I use Face ID to unlock 1Password, I get an additional native iOS dialog that says “Do you want to sign in to “723432-234-43ef3-999999” (not the real number, but to give you an idea of what it looks like - it’s like a GUID sort of key). At the top-left, it says “Sign In”, the top-right, “Cancel” and at the bottom “Continue.”

This has been going on since I can remember, across multiple iOS versions and multiple 1P updates. If it’s working as designed, I’m still happy to keep on going, but didn’t want to start more heroic measures to rectify it unless it SHOULD be working more transparently. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gibsoncrg,

Thank you for reaching out, and being a longtime user of 1Password! We really appreciate your support over the years.

The behaviour you're experiencing is working as designed. The ID shown when signing in is the extension’s ID within Safari. Due to system-level restrictions, it’s the best flow we can provide for biometric authentication currently.

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

Alvin

• gibsoncrg
    gibsoncrg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alvin! Got it…I suspected that might be the case, Apple being Apple. I appreciate the quick reply.

• You're most welcome @gibsoncrg! 😊

This discussion has been closed.