To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Refer Friends

Options
BlackJack
BlackJack
Community Member

Hi there,
are there any coupons or something like that if you refer friends to 1Password ?
I have now recruited 2 friends and the 3rd person may soon. Unfortunately, I couldn't read anything about whether there is such a thing here, hence my question =)

thanks greetings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @BlackJack:

While we don't currently offer a referral program, I've shared your thoughts internally.

With that said though, you're more than welcome to send an email in to us directly at support@1password.com, but I can't guarantee anything.

ref: IDEA-I-44

• DrPhil
    DrPhil
    Community Member
    Options

This would be a great feature for those of us who are continually referring with zero recognition :(

• @DrPhil

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing 1Password with others! I've added your suggestion to the open feature request that we have for this. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• bsm007
    bsm007
    Community Member
    Options

I second this request

• @bsm007

Thank you, I've passed along your feedback. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• JudiG
    JudiG
    Community Member
    Options

I'll third this request :-)

• @JudiG

Thank you for adding your voice, I've let the product team know that you'd like to see referrals added in the future. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-31013451

• konung
    konung
    Community Member
    Options

I'll "fourth" the request

• will21
    will21
    Community Member
    Options

Upvote from me as well!

• Thanks folks. I've let the team know you'd like to see this.

• geneticsgirl
    geneticsgirl
    Community Member
    Options

Upvote from me as well! I have been singing your praises to everyone I know!

• JHJOwen
    JHJOwen
    Community Member
    Options

Why isn’t this a thing already? I’ve recommended this to loads of people.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you. I've made your requests known to the team.

ref: PB-34328480

• brohendesign
    brohendesign
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I've referred several people to 1Password without any rewards offered.

Please institute a referrer link button and technology for current users to refer new people that give us a credit discount, which can be applied to the user's acct at their designated renewal time. The service will send the new person a link they can use to enroll, providing them a potential discount (maybe as little as the price of one month of service for free), including a 14-day trial on top of it. This would be a win-win-win for all 3 parties involved!

That referrer link can be encoded with a one-time use string tied to the existing user's acct. This should be easy! We're wanting something like a big, green "Refer A Person" button within our my.1password.com acct portal page we can use to make it as easy as possible to share.

Let's go! Make this happen. It's been too long in the making, especially with 1Password making it to within the Top 5 of all password manager apps in the market right now.

• @brohendesign,

Thank you for the detailed feedback, I've passed it along!

• ckwQTPncm9dzg1umf
    ckwQTPncm9dzg1umf
    Community Member
    Options

upvote!

• @ckwQTPncm9dzg1umf,

Thank you for the upvote, I'll pass it along!

• justanothernumber
    justanothernumber
    Community Member
    Options

Another upvote! I've referred plenty of people, it would be great to get a month free for every referral or something.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 30
    Options

Thanks @justanothernumber

ref: PB-38035204

• martinewski
    martinewski
    Community Member
    Options

1Password used to offer subscription extensions for referrals occasionally, but it seems they've discontinued this approach.

Upvote

• I'll be glad to get your request before the team. Thank you for letting us know this is something you're interested in.

• th3prince1
    th3prince1
    Community Member
    Options

Been referring people for years.

Upvote.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 14
    Options

Noted @th3prince1 Thank you for sharing.

ref: PB-38280190

• Cremba
    Cremba
    Community Member
    Options

I have been referring people for years, I tried to register as well to the affiliation but the CJ website sits on an unsafe domain.

Upvote!

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'll be sure to let the team know this is of interest to you. Care to explain about the website you describe? I'm not sure I understand.