Ability to specify which key to use (otherwise: Too many authentication failures)

Options
2»

Comments

• @akschu Being able to configure different sockets is something we're investigating! As for disabling keys, you can already do that now by moving them to a different vault. The agent will then ignore them, even if they're of the SSH Key item type. There will be more customization on that front coming too.

• @jontyb @yboulkaid @gmay @akschu

I wanted to let you know that we're working on a solution that allows for the following:

• Control which SSH keys are enabled in the agent, even if they're from other vaults than the Private vault.
    • Control the order in which keys are offered to SSH servers.
    • Create isolated setups with certain keys offered on a separate socket.

It would be great to get your feedback on our proposal, if you're (still) interested. You can do so by joining the #ssh-agent-config channel in our Slack workspace.

• gmay
    gmay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @floris_1P! I've joined the Slack channel.

• @billvortex @Gudlyf @zaxaz @Ekami67 @digitalfiz @rodneyt @jontyb @yboulkaid @ajcos @VJmes @gmay @akschu

The following features are now available to try on the Nightly release channel today:

• Control which SSH keys are enabled in the agent, even if they're from other vaults than the Private vault.
    • Control the order in which keys are offered to SSH servers.

You can find more information, including instructions for the feature, by joining the #ssh-agent-config channel in our Slack workspace. It would be great to get your feedback.

Next up is support for multiple agent config files/sockets, the earliest updates for which will be made in our Slack workspace.

• Ekami67
    Ekami67
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @chris.db_1p , any idea when this feature will hit the release channel?

• jenssgb
    jenssgb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Is there an update or roadmap to the SSH agent improvements?

I stumbled across the 6-SSH key limitation today, and it took me a while to figure it out.

Tip:ssh -v <user>@<host>

Adjusting the config file on my system and storing the key locally again breaks the complete advantage of 1Password for SSH.

• Hi @jenssgb and @Ekami67:

As of yesterday, 1Password for desktop now includes the ability to better customize which keys are used: SSH agent config file | Developer Documentation

Jack

• Ekami67
    Ekami67
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks a lot! :)

• ajcos
    ajcos
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P apologies for not getting back earlier, but I did see this hit the release channel before I'd had the chance to test the nightly. Thanks very much for putting this in, it works great!

This discussion has been closed.