Emergency kit download from google chrome extension

Options
ceesarps
ceesarps
Community Member

Hi! I cant find a way to download the emergency kit from the extension. Can anyone help me do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @ceesarps, thanks for reaching out to us. It isn't possible to download the Emergency Kit from 1Password in your browser (extension). To get your Emergency Kit, sign in to your account on the web interface:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
    3. Click Save Emergency Kit and follow the onscreen instructions to save the PDF.

I hope that helps!

Ali

• ceesarps
    ceesarps
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, but how do I get my secret key?

• ceesarps
    ceesarps
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone help me with this?

• Hi @ceesarps:

Thanks for following up. Just to confirm, are you currently able to access your 1Password account on any of your devices? If you're able to access your 1Password account in the extension, you can search for 1Password account to locate your sign in address, email address, Secret Key, and account password. Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

• ceesarps
    ceesarps
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P sorry, it seems this option is not available. I am currently able to log in the extension as I have the password and the username but not the secret key since I didn't download the kit.

• Hi @ceesarps:

Thanks for following up. Since it seems you don't have the 1Password account starter kit item, are you in a team or business account? If you're in a team account or business account, your account can be recovered by a administrator or owner, or someone in a group with the "Recover Accounts" permission. This will generate a new Secret Key for you, and you can pick a new password. The steps for that are available here: Recover accounts for family or team members

Let me know if that helps!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.