Authelia 2FA won't autofill on IOS

Options
dsmcafee
dsmcafee
Community Member

I have an authelia site with the authenticator string installed in 1password. When I log in using a desktop web browser the 2fa 6 digit code will autofill. But on my iphone nothing happens at the 6 digit code prompt. I have to open 1password app and find the entry to copy the current code which is being generated there. Or use google authenticator. Is this expected that 1password won't autofill 2fa on IOS?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @dsmcafee

It sounds as if you'll need to paste the code in. We can help with that by auto copying it to the pasteboard for you.

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

If you aren’t using Safari, you can automatically copy one-time passwords to the clipboard after filling a login. Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Password AutoFill and turn on Auto-Copy One-Time Passwords.

• dsmcafee
    dsmcafee
    Community Member
    Options

Doh, @ag_tommy nailed it. I did not have it enabled on IOS :-). It seems it doesn't actually fill, it just copies it to the clipboard, but that's hugely better. Thanks!

• Hey @dsmcafee:

Glad to hear Tommy was able to get you sorted. On behalf of him, you're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.