Cannot access the documents(pdf/jpg) anymore on S21

adkathy
adkathy
Community Member

When I try to access my old documents in the 1password app & open the section where my file is supposed to be, It doesn't have any link/button to view anymore. It only has the title of the document.
This feature was working before on android that's why I was surprised it was gone.

Is it a known issue or other workarounds?

Note:
Personal subscription account
The files can still be accessed in the mac desktop application(v7.9.3)
Samsung galaxy s21 - OS 12

1Password Version: v 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 1Password for android -OS 12

Comments

• Hello @adkathy thanks for joining us on the forum!

Is this happening with PDFs and JPGs saved as Document items or as attachments in other item types? If they are saved as Document items, can you view or see the option to download the saved files in your account on the 1Password website?

• adkathy
    adkathy
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt response @ag_timothy. Right now, I only have pdfs and jpgs saved. Yes, I can view or download the saved files on 1password website and desktop app

• Hello @adkathy thanks for writing back.

Just to clarify, are your files saved as Document items or as attachments to other item types, like a photo of your passport in a Passport item or a large purchase receipt attached to a store Login item?

If you create a new item and attach a file can you open it in 1Password for Android? If you duplicate an item containing a file you can't open using the 1Password desktop app can you view the file in the duplicate on 1Password for Android? Thanks again!

• adkathy
    adkathy
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy. Thanks for the response. I saved the files as document items.
    I usually upload the files on my mac but when I tried today with 1Password for android, it doesn't allow me to upload any document and even create a login. It only shows the category "Server". I can create a separate ticket for the login credentials as well as it seems i can only view info in my android app now

Was out on a road trip and just came back

• HI @adkathy thanks for your reply! If you've received a reply from us via email we can continue our conversation there. If you sent in an email but didn't receive a reply, you can share the code ( it will appear similar to: [#ABC-12345-678] ) with us here so we can be sure to follow up.

For others looking through the thread, if you tap Categories > + and only see Server, or an abbreviated list of item types reinstalling 1Password for Android should resolve the issue. Confirm you can sign in to your account on the 1Password website or another 1Password app before uninstalling 1Password for Android.

This discussion has been closed.