1Password Enterprise - Public Key directory

stuhall
stuhall
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

Regularly I find myself asking colleagues for their public key on Slack. I know, it's 2022 and LDAP attributes solved this 100 years ago, but AD's a fragile little flower and I don't hate myself enough to deal with extending the schema.

Having the option as a user to expose specific SSH public keys as queryable by other users within the organization would be super handy, obviously only allowing access to the public key. Alternatively, let me mark a single key as my "Identity" and it's displayed as just an attribute on my user.

This would of course need some way to look up fellow Enterprise users, and perhaps an administrative control to turn the feature on / off or only allow for certain users / groups. API access per user would be perfect though, as then 1Password could be the source of truth for my public key and magic scripts could make that accessible from wherever.

Alternative "simpler" implementation may be to specify a target shared vault, checkbox on a key object for "Make this my shared identity" and have a "symlink" to the public key dropped into that vault named as my email address.

Alternative alternative "simpler" implementation - checkbox on a key object for "Make this my shared identity" and an API endpoint that I can pass an email address to and get a public key back.

Bonus points if the API can accept a group name / ID and return a neat little array of users + public keys :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.