Windows Hello: Unlock 1Password with face recocnition

Options
Peda86
Peda86
Community Member

Hello, i`ve set up my Win10 Notebook with face recognition, fingerprint and pin. when i log in to windows it always uses face recognition as my prefered log in method.
When i want to unlock 1Password it always prompts me for my fingerprint instead of face recognition. I then need to select manually face recognition.

Is there a way to set face recognition as my default unlock method for 1Password?

many thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Peda86,

Thanks for writing in.

If you set it to use the Face recognition a few times, Windows should "remember" your option next time. It did for me on my Surface laptop.

We don't have any flexibility when asking to authenticate with Windows Hello; as soon as that happens, Windows takes over and we don't have any control over it at the moment. This may happen in future Windows updates though but that's up to Microsoft.

• dwalker3rd
    dwalker3rd
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I came to the forum with the same question/request. @Peda86 : Windows remembers to use face recognition just fine. but apparently calling windows hello from a third party doesn't. Guess we'll have to wait until MS sorts it for 3rd party calls. Regards, David

• Hello @dwalker3rd,

This is a fairly common issue we are asked about and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this as well. As Mike mentioned above, Windows takes over the process, but you could try removing and re-adding Windows Hello Face to see if that helps in the meantime. It'll be great to see improvements here in the future. Thanks for reaching out!

This discussion has been closed.