Autofill is not working on Mac *Desktop* now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Mac

It isn't just on Android that Autofill isn't working - today I had to copy and paste the web address, my id and my password on more than 2 sites including this one! All clicking 'open and fill' does is open my browser if it isn't open. If it is open, 'open and fill' does absolutely nothing.

I am distinctly unamused.

I had 1Password open in each occurrence, yet, as you see in the attached screenshot (the purple arrow is pointing at the icon on my Dock) the prompt to open was there.

This seems to be a budding pandemic as far as I am concerned -- first my Android tablet and phone and now my Mac Desktop.

Please sort this out or I'll go back to storing everything in a Word .doc file. No kidding, that is what I used to do.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hello @HelenBubz! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit 1Password Completely. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password 7 from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

It isn't just on Android that Autofill isn't working

I'm sorry to hear that AutoFill isn't working on your Android device. Do you have a currently open support ticket for this issue? If you do then can you post the Support ID?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• McX
    McX
    Community Member
    Options

This has been driving me nuts, too. It happens far too often and then I need to completely quit 1password to re-fix it. Also, the Safari extension keeps getting out of date and the only way I've figured to fix it is to disable the extension, quit Safari, and reinstall 1password.

• Hi @McX:

That doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have with 1Password. To get some further details about what could be causing the trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• McX
    McX
    Community Member
    Options

I'll do that next time it repeats. If it's related to the Safari extension being out of sync with the desktop version, it might be a while, though.

• @McX

Sounds good, we'll keep an eye out for your email and investigate further from there. 😊

This discussion has been closed.