I don't see the prompt to "save to 1password"

Options
HappyMacomb
HappyMacomb
Community Member

I don't see the prompt to "save to 1password". I also saw a post from some years ago that I needed to tweak an entry on "preferences" to makd the "save to 1password" prompt appear, but I don't see "preferences" on the 1password app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I don't see the prompt to "save to 1password"

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @HappyMacomb, can you confirm whether you have 1Password in your browser (extension) installed? If not, you can install it from here.

If you do have it installed, you can check the settings by following these steps:

1. Open your browser(s).
    2. Right-click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of the browser and select "Settings".
    3. Ensure that "Offer to fill and save passwords" is enabled under Autofill.

Let me know how that goes!

Ali

• HappyMacomb
    HappyMacomb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Your explanation was very clear -- I hadn't been able to figure out how to access "settings." But I found that "Offer to fill and save passwords" was enabled under Autofill.

I am very new to iPassword and I am finding it frustrating -- I am sure as I become accustomed to it, it will become second nature. At least I hope so. In the meantime, I suspect I am making mistakes that would be obvious to an experienced user.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hi @HappyMacomb, you're most welcome! I'm sorry to hear you're finding some things frustrating. I recommend checking out this guide which you may find helpful: Save and fill passwords in your browser

If you continue to run into any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.