1Password autofills Android banking app password but not the user id

MonkeyHarp
MonkeyHarp
Community Member

I use Android app "FirstBank Mobile Banking". On the login, there is no 1Password pop-up. When I tap the user id field - nothing, but when I tap the password field, 1Password pops up just fine and I can have it fill in the password. Long tapping the user id field does nothing either. It all works fine on my pc web browser, just not on my Android phone. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10

Comments

• Hi @MonkeyHarp,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble filling. Would you mind doing some tests to help pinpoint what the issue could be?

1. Adjust your 1Password on Android filling settings (Settings > Autofill) to only have Autofill enabled
    2. Try filling into the the app you're having trouble with and report the result
    3. Now adjust your filling settings to only have Accessibility enabled
    4. Try filling into the the same app again and report the result
    5. Now enable both Autofill and Accessibility
    6. Try filling into the the same app again and report the result

In the mean time, you can also use the drag and drop feature in split screen mode.

• MonkeyHarp
    MonkeyHarp
    Community Member

This seems to be a rather stubborn app. All three combinations (Accessibility only, Autofill only, both) all produce the same result. If I have to live with, it's not the worst thing in the world. The user ID is easy to manually enter and 1Password is doing the heavy lifting by filling in the complex password. Not so bad in the scheme of things.

• Hey @MonkeyHarp, thank you for doing those tests. I've downloaded and tested the app on my own Android device, where I confirm I see the same behaviour. The username does not fill, but the password does. Triggering Accessibility by long pressing > ⋮ > Autofill doesn't work either.

Unfortunately, many banking sites and apps impose password restrictions, and FirstBank doesn't seem to be any exception. In fact, 1Password even has an open letter to banks, hoping to one day work in conjunction to update security measures for everyone.

As Preet kindly mentioned, you can use drag and drop in the meantime to fill the username field.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with :)

This discussion has been closed.