Yubikey for me but not for thee?

Options
claven
claven
Community Member

I have a Yubico Yubikey. I turned on two factor authentication for my Families account but was soon bombarded with messages from my family asking for a one-time-password. Oops.

Question: is there a way to enable two-factor authentication for only one member of the family, not for all?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @claven:

Thanks for reaching out. To confirm, this is already a function of 1Password family accounts. Would it be possible that you and your family members are all sharing a single individual inside a family account, rather than each person having their own?

Your People on 1Password.com should look something like this:

Each member of your family should have their own email address, Secret Key, and account password. Each of your family members can decide the two-factor authentication settings for their own account individually, so if changes you're making are affecting them, it sounds like they might not be using their own account. Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• claven
    claven
    Community Member
    Options

That was precisely the problem. Thanks!

• Glad to hear that got you on the right track @claven! Be sure to get in touch if there's anything else you need in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.