Two vaults with identical names

Options
skeese
skeese
Community Member

I bought a new MacBook Pro M1 a month ago and just noticed that my 1Password 7.9.4 has 2 identically named vaults. The first one is blank and cannot be deleted. The second one has all the records I have accumulated over the years and can be deleted. How do I easily move all records to the first, undeleteable vault? Why do I have the two vaults? Are they an accident from upgrades over the years or from user error, or are they a safety feature? One other question: how do I find the Safari Extension version?

1Password Version: 7.9.4 (70904001)
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: MacOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @skeese:

Congrats on your new MacBook 😁!

A 1Password individual account will have one default vault named Personal. A 1Password family account will have an default Private vault for each person, as well as a Shared vault. In either case, you can create as many additional vaults as you want, but the default vaults can never be deleted. Let me know if that seems to track with the situation you're seeing, or we can dig in further.

As for the extension version, if you're using the Safari extension included in 1Password 7 for Mac, it would be the same version as 1Password for Mac, so in your case, 7.9.4. 🙂

Jack

• skeese
    skeese
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Jack P. I don't think I have a family account since I don't need one. How would I find out? If I don't have one, I'd like to move all of the records in the second Personal vault into the first Personal vault and then delete the second vault. Can I Select All in the second vault and move all records at one time into the first vault?

I thought I read in one of the question threads that the extension code and the app code were on different schedules and therefore had different version numbers. I take it that is not true for MacOS and Safari, right?

• Hi @skeese:

This is absolutely what we can do, however, since both of your vaults are named Personal, I'd like to dive a a bit deeper and make sure we don't delete anything that isn't backed up anywhere. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.