Crash when entering password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 8: locks after 2 minutes and does not use Face ID or Touch ID.

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Tested again. No matter if I have set up the app to use FaceID or not, as soon as the 2 minute timer hits, I can't enter my complete master password as the app freezes and crashes. See you next update I guess

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I have not typed my password...

I copied it from 1Password 7 and pasted it in 1Password 8.

Would that work for you too?

• Hi @Manaburner ,

We've seen this happen once before and are looking into the issue. Is it always the same character that crashes the app? (don't tell us the character, but just the position). Also, what device are you using?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

I’m also seeing this on my iPad. Reinstalled same issue. Initial login works fine. Second launch after 2 minutes freezes as soon as I enter my password. iPhone doesn’t seem to have the issue.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin Using an iPhone 12. It‘s always the same position, the 22nd if I have counted correctly.
    @XIII Thanks for the hint, pasting the master password did help. And now it seems like it’s working with FaceID unlock

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

For me on the ipad it’s always after the 17th character is entered. I don’t have the issue on the iphone

• Hi @Manaburner and others,

We've managed to reproduce this issue on one of our employee's device. We were able to fix it there, so hopefully this will fix the issue for everyone. The next TestFlight release should contain the fix.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.