1Password 8 an Spotlight integration

Options
JuCos
JuCos
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

Spotlight integration doesn't seem to be present anymore in 1P 8 for iOS (to search for a particular log directly from the iOS home screen).
This is a feature I found very useful on previous versions. I hope it will come back!

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700045)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @JuCos

Thanks for sharing! Indeed, we haven't looked at this yet. I'll be happy to register your interest for this integration though. πŸ‘οΈ

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9436

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me

• FastLaneJB
    FastLaneJB
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed this now from the App Store and first thing I’ve noticed is Spotlight Support has been removed from v7. Most disappointed as I used this a lot so hope it’ll be coming back please?

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yes, will it come back in a future release?

• Corbot8000
    Corbot8000
    Community Member
    Options

Super bummed this is missing in 1P 8 as well.

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member
    Options

Spotlight Search integration is a must-have.

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• tybrewer
    tybrewer
    Community Member
    Options

Another plea to return this functionality! Why in the world would a decision have been made to lost that capability?

• Thank you everyone for your feedback! I've added all of your comments to the internal tracking item open for this feature request. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you.

• @JRok77

Thank you again for the feedback. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for the reinstatement of this functionality πŸ™

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me

• @hegguardo and @rctneil

Thank you, I've passed along your feedback to the product team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-833

• Greenleaf
    Greenleaf
    Community Member
    Options

Hello?

Please don't tell me 1P8 is late still to this date to show in Spotlight?

It's an ESSENTIAL shortcut, but, perhaps also a security issue?🧐

πŸ™

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@Greenleaf I believe this is still being worked on in 1Password 8 for iOS, as I just tested and login items, don't show in spotlight.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks folks I'll share your thoughts with the team.

ref: PB-31448274
    ref: PB-31448289

• jordanjacob
    jordanjacob
    Community Member
    Options

Please add me to the request to bring this feature back and if it also is missing from macOS, please bring it back for it as well.

• @jordanjacob

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed your request along to the team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-36470514

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

It's been over a year and half since this feature was deprecated in the updated app. Is this is development at all? I still don't understand why such a crucial feature was taken out. It makes it so much less convenient to use 1Password on iOS devices.

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I agree, would really appreciate some focus on getting this basic functionality fixed.

• Thanks for the ping. I don't have any news on when, or if, this is a feature that will be built for 1Password 8.

I'm sorry that I don't have anything more specific to share. I've let the product team know that you're both still eager to see this included in a future update. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-36473569
    ref: PB-36473597

• b1tcoin
    b1tcoin
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @Dave_1P I must state my disappointment, as in if the first evangelist of 1Password, we sought the best integration with the Apple ecosystem and that goes in pair with Spotlight integration, that allows people, with accessibility issues, to navigate in a decent way…. I hope that this becomes a priority, best, b1tcoin

• @b1tcoin

Thank you for the feedback. Can you tell me a little more about how Spotlight integration on iOS would help improve 1Password's accessibility for you when navigating for items? Are you running into issues with accessibility when searching for items using the 1Password app itself?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: PB-37806013