Downloading documents

Options
dgold105
dgold105
Community Member

It appears there still isn't a way to automatically download all files/documents? You have to manually go in and download each one. Am I missing a way to do this?

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    Options

ha! I was composing the same message and took a call.. you beat me to it!

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I've been hoping for improvements to this too.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

+1

My iOS devices have plenty of (free) space; way more than the few GB's of storage that are part of our 1Password plan.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. We are tracking this use case and have a feature request filed for further consideration. I've added your voices to that request.

Ben

ref: IDEA-I-251

• limellcaz
    limellcaz
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? I have a lot of documents that I need to download. Would be nice to have a feature “download all documents to this device”… or even better, a list of all documents where we can select one or all.

• julianwilliams
    julianwilliams
    Community Member
    Options

I'm assuming that the use case for this would be to have offline access to certain documents when travelling or without data, such as Vaccination Certificates, copies of Passports etc. This would be great as I am more and more trying to use 1Password like a digital wallet of sorts with all the documentation I'd require which has sensitive information (previously I was just storing copies of this in Apple Notes etc) - maybe some further control so we could download all data from a specific category (eg Drivers Licences, Passports) as well

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member
    Options

Yes exactly. I can't understand why this isn't a priority feature especially in current times. Even with the current release version you have to manually download each document rather than there just being a "download all" option.

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    Options

Thing is, for this to work right there needs to be some sort of flag at the document level. Letting us know that it has been downloaded off-line. Even now, when you download a document, it only opens it for that session, and you need to do it again next time you need it.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks folks for sharing. As someone who once traveled for a living into some remote areas, I'll continue to advocate for this for the lot of us.

ref: IDEA-I-251

This discussion has been closed.